Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Getting Organized with GTD

I stumbled across GTD a year ago (on a blog of course). Getting Things Done: The Art of Stress-Free Productivity is the book by David Allen that started me learning how to be more organized and stay on top of the many activities and projects that concern me.

Last summer I read the book from the library, learned a great deal and had a good first attempt.

I have implemented the Inbox Zero method - that means each Day I go through my inbox and delete items I don't need, add items to my Maybe/Someday list or my Next Actions (To do items) List or just do them right away (if they'll take less than 2 minutes). Then they get filed away out of my inbox in a big archive. Since I can search for any item in my email by keyword or person, I don't keep it in my inbox. I add it to a list and put it away for later.

This year, I bought the book and I re-read it and began using the system. Periodically, I'll post on here how it is all going.
If you're interested in reading more or hearing more Check out David Allen's Blog for more information.

My accomplishments this week with GTD are:

  • Making a complete list of next actions and putting them in Toodledo
  • Making a map of my projects in Mindomo
  • Scheduling a committed time for weekly review of my lists, projects and commitments. 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Creative Commons License
    Inspired Math Professor Blog by Susan McCourt is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.