Sunday, February 3, 2013

Using the VALUE Rubric for my courses

On the Professional Planning day before the semester began, the faculty in the Division of Science, Math and Engineering reviewed the VALUE (Valid Assessment of Learning in Undergraduate Education) Rubric for Quantitative Literacy from the AAC&U (Association of American Colleges and Universities).

I enjoyed the discussion and decided last week as I sat down to grade the first Statistics Project to see if I could adapt the rubric I designed for these projects a few years ago to use the language of the VALUE rubric. While I primarily used the Quantitative Literacy Rubric, I also used the Written Communication Rubric as well.

I will use different parts of this rubric depending on the particular project as each project requires differing quantitative skills.

 I welcome your comments, and links to your assessments.


Project Rubric by Susan McCourt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Inspired Math Professor Blog by Susan McCourt is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.