Monday, August 9, 2010

Using Social Bookmarking

Today I was guest presenter (filling in for a last-minute emergency) at MCC Math & Tech Bootcamp in Muskegon, MI. I showed the first-year campers how to save their bookmarks online in Google Bookmarks. I created this Jing video on Sunday morning.

I prefer to use Diigo

I like the ability to highlight and add comments to a webpage. You can have friends on Diigo and allow them to see your highlights and notes and comment on them.

Diigo has a groups feature and I belong to two excellent Math-teaching realted groups and one Web 2.0 group: "Math Links", "Virtual Mathematics Manipulatives" and "Teaching and Learning with Web 2.0"

Each week teachers share links that they've discovered, plus I can add my own. You can serch to find something in particular or easily comment on them.

Do you use Diigo or another social bookmarking site? Let me know.

Here's the basics of Diigo:

Diigo V5: Collect and Highlight, Then Remember! from diigobuzz on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Inspired Math Professor Blog by Susan McCourt is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.