Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Surveys in Statistics Class

In the first day of statistics class, I showed students a survey and we used it to think about the many types of data. Then I put names to the types they described.

So I've decided to give them a survey via our MyStatLab site. I recently heard that Google Docs has a survey tool, so I decided to check it out. If you don't know, Google Docs is a great free online site (don't need to download) that includes word processor, spreadsheet and presentation software. It is compatible with the Microsoft products Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and many other brands.

The Survey tool in Google was easy to use, so I'm going to try it out. I created a brief survey that I will give in all of my statistics sections (2 online and 2 face-to-face). It should be interesting to see how it is for them to use it. I'm considering asking them to create a 3 question survey and post a link on the course site or in Facebook.

How do you do surveys in your classes?

Here's a link to the eHow site that explains how to use the Google Docs tool: http://www.ehow.com/how_4615530_survey-using-google-documents-free.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Inspired Math Professor Blog by Susan McCourt is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.