Thursday, September 9, 2010

Using the Tablet PC in Class: Day 1

Today was the first day I used the Tablet PC in Class.

I've been going paperless (except for quizzes) in class this semester, so I decided to have my Instructor notes (that are normally in my hand) on my tablet. So I made up a file of notes. But switching back and forth was awkward, so for my second class, I decided to have a file ready for me to write in with some prompts or hints in it.

I'm using MS OneNote in class. I have been using that to create class notes and videos for my online classes and have enjoyed the ease of use. It worked great for my notes in class, too.

In statistics, after the students completed the quiz, I was able to cut and paste the quiz out of MS Word (where I had create it) into OneNote, then complete it with the class.

I also put images and charts from the textbook into my notes, so I could have them projected during class and mark them up.

After class I saved the file as a pdf and uploaded it to Course Compass site. Easy-Peasy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Inspired Math Professor Blog by Susan McCourt is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.